Monday, November 12, 2012

My Garden In June

My Garden in June by Author and self described poet Ellen Hajduk is another easy read by 2 Moon Press.

This book is small and odd sized, however the size suits the book fine due to its colorful nature and subject matter.

The book is essentially the authors poetry, and also her photography. The photography is nice to look at, clear and interesting. We actually read all four of a series, there are more coming. However this book is probably the best  of them all. Cover art and work is stunning, so image wise the author his a solid run.

However her poetry was flat to me, she attempts to dazzle and reflect, yet she doesn't deliver. Her poetry to me lacked interest and flavor, and really should have maybe even been left out, as the imagery is very nice.

I am torn on the rating, as if this was photos work alone, I would have given her a 4 star rating. However since the poetry is what it is, I have to give this book...

2.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment