Monday, April 5, 2010

Squiggly Worm


This is a pre-release graciously provided to us by the folks at 2 Moon Press in Marshall. Yes the book was free and no we wont let that influence our review.

My sister has three kids, two boys (god help her) and one girl. I brought the book over and read it to them. Let me first tell you my impressions of it then I will tell you there reaction to it.

The book has alot of colorful artwork, and the artist Levi Krause, I am not sure if he is playing with the Blue Jeans name here, or if that is his real name.. Anyrate. The art work is bright, clean and colorful. The pictures are fun to look at and convey the actual story well.

The actual writing is very fun, the story is about a bad worm, I will leave it at that, however there is no innaproprate content. The story is fun, reads and I admit it was enjoyable to read myself. It teaches children a good lesson or two, and is in my opinion geared for the 4 to 8 year old crowd.

Now for the reaction to the book. My nephews are 5 and 7 and my niece is 3. They had alot of fun and I had to read it several times to them. They were laughing at the fun quips inside of it, the author uses words very cleverly in this book, and there are alot of parts where the kids were laughing, and even dancing. Now I know why I do not have kids.

Moving on. I felt this book was something very nice, and I suggest to any parent out there who reads this to get this book. It is fun, colorful, and the kids enjoyed it immensley.

This book gets a SOLID.

5 Stars +

No comments:

Post a Comment