Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Provenance


This book by Laney Salisbury I bought at the same used book place as my previous review, however I admit my intent was to read a bit of it and then do a partial content review. Well... I started reading it and to my surprise, this was such a cool read.


I think that this book has to be one of my new faves. The book takes a deep look into the shady business of counterfeiting artwork. However the writer does this with an interesting flair, and also what you know is a little more of a understanding (inside) than he probably is willing to go too far and say...


The one thing I find lacking here are images, he is great at descriptions, however he leaves out the paperwork and art images that could have taken this book over the top. I have to clarify that his descriptions, really take you to the place and time, and I felt like I was there, helping with the dirty deeds...


Overall an excellent book, and one with images could have been a firm 5 stars, however as good as it is, a book of this type needs images. So this GOOD book is one a recommend, and also give...


4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment