Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Violence of Hate


This book by Jack Levin is one I did get off the bargain book shelf at my favorite little spot in a certain city. The book was used, however the cover intrigued me, and I bought it. The whopping price 1.00...

I do not want to be unfair, or "hateful" here... However the book really does not do much in the way of holding on to the reader. The author is a Sociology professor, and he writes not for the layman, he writes for the student, however assumes you have taken two years of sociology.

The book is statistic heavy, with plenty of charts, and wizz bangs to prove his points, he defines (well I add) some of the terminology for those that are cretins, dumb asses, and overall morons who do dumb things out of misguided ego and hatred. However all through the book the reader runs into monotonous and laborious concepts, and sections, that frankly take what could be a really interesting book, and instead makes it a painful process to get through.

I hate to do this, however this book has the potential to get 4 or even maybe 5 stars, however due to its long boring parts, and assumptions on the readers level of knowledge, this book instead gets a solid.

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment