Sunday, August 14, 2011

Facebook as a solution to our political problems.

I am amazed at what Facebook has become. What started off as a way for us to interact and talk about our pets, and ex's has now degenerated into a way to spread hate, paranoia and social garbage.

I have deleted 31 of my FB friends this past week as they have truly shown themselves for what they are. Bigots, racists, and hate mongers. I am tired of seeing Islam and Muslims blames for everything. I am tired of hearing people cry and whine over our politicians, when they voted them in.

I know this is a book review blog, but I had to chime my opinion in here. It is a frightening thing when I see people demanding the deportation of Muslims, I have seen the demand for "removal" of them from our society. I have seen a HUGE demand for Islam to be banned due to it's "Un-Amercian" ways.

The problem is that my grandfather put it best last night when I was talking to him. He said that his sacrifices during WWII and his fathers sacrifices during WWI are now all for naught. He has seen this before. There was a time when... In America.. The land fo the FREE.... The land of the RIGHT for FREE SPEECH and FREEDOM of RELIGION....

  • Blacks were deemed dangerous and radical.
  • Japanese were interred into camps for our nations safety.
  • Germans had their windows broken, and had to post I AM AN AMERICAN in their windows due to fear.
  • Mexicans were arrested in the streets of LA due to how they "Dressed"
  • Indians were corralled and labeled "Animals."
We are committing the sins of the past, ones that are dangerous and also shameful to our flag and what it represents. Our Constitution and also Bill of Rights are no longer documents to be followed, they are to be referenced only when it pleases us, and proves a point.

There are horrible people in every religion and society. There in every society and religion those that are radical and practice hatred. I am a Christian and I hold my head in shame over what Timothy McVei did in the name of Christianity. However, I also am an American and am scared to see what those in our society are leading up to.

It will be the Muslims now. What is next? Yes you haters out there, get your way and lets throw em out, lets ban Islam, lets isolate every Muslim because of fear and ignorance. However, next time when it is YOUR religion. When it YOUR thoughts and beliefs that get you targeted do not complain.

For you were part of the movement. You were part of the wave that began it all. Ask a Jew who was in Dachau, or who was in Auschwitz what fear mongering can do. What a label of hatred could do. Go to the internet and search those two places, look at the faces of the victims of fear mongering.

I love my Country, however everyone needs to place the hate where it belongs. In the laps of the radicals who strive to hate. And by the way.

Those people are in EVERY religion.


No comments:

Post a Comment