Monday, June 25, 2012

Fifty Shades of Gray the block buster phenomena by author EL James. I read this as everyone is in such a tissy over the books, and the other ones.

Well... I hate to be the show ruiner here, however what made me shake my head in bewilderment is how can an American college student, have such a bad habit of using British slang?

What bothered me was that it is actually an interesting story, however the author ruins it with a pre-canned selection of overused words, she repeats herself throughout the book constantly. This detracts from some actually good character development overall.

The hype over the book I am perplexed at where it came from? I think a lot of teenagers are reading this book on their kindles and nooks, and are reviewing it. I say this, as anyone with even a high school level of education would shake their head with the issues in this book.

The author uses the word "Geez" so many times in dialogue, I had to use my Kindle and check how many times. Well... 81 times it was used. Sheesh.. See I used this once in my review..

The connection between Ana and Christian is hallow, and based on sex alone. The author seems to try to use sex as a way to show two people care for each other. The BDSM scenes in the book are frankly badly done, and make me instead of aroused, make me shrug them off as blase'. As far as editing, I think I might have gotten a copy via Kindle that was not edited... Yes it is that bad. Word usage, grammar, over sued words, spelling, you name it, the gambit of issues are in there.

So to be fair, I am giving it what I feel is a very generous.

2.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment