Sunday, June 26, 2011

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

I was surprised when I started reading this book as the book markets itself to be horror, however it really is fantasy with a heavy dose of the paranormal. That normally would upset me, however in this case it was a smart marketing move.


The Author Ransom Riggs writing is very polished, and the research I could find on him indicated that this is hist first novel published. His writing is oddly familiar, almost like a Lewis style, however he does have the heavy Christian overtones that C.S. Lewis had.

His writing is filled with vivid descriptions of both scene and character, and he does not disappoint when it comes to plot. He is a very crisp writer, and if this is his first work, then watch out, as I want to see his fourth or even later books. Editing is spot on, syntax and scene setup is seamless.

I have to give this REALLY good book a deserved.

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment