Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Hunger Games

This is what has been called the next Harry Potter. In all fairness I have to admit I have read the book and also seen the movie. (Stick with the book).........

Overall I enjoyed the read, the plot is interesting and new and the character development although shallow in some ways is interesting, and the plot makes up where CD is lacking. The author does a good job of making the visceral experience something to be savored. Her writing and dialogue gives the reader an easy escape into the world. However, I wish she would have spent more time on the main evil character, President Snow. Yes he appears in later books, I just think he could have been set better into the initial book.

Editing of this book is good, and there are only a few small plot issues that stand out, however they are so small I would be knit picking to point them out. Overall I see the book as a good read, not sure the wild fire take off of it, however I am just one reader.

I give it a solid

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment